February 1, 2010

Everything I've Dreamed Of....

You know when you're craving something and you can't figure out what it is and so you eat everything trying to satiate the craving? Right, maybe that's just me, moving on....


This soup was the opposite. It turned out EXACTLY how I wanted it to taste and it was mmm mm good, if I do so say so myself. Maybe that's because its not so good for you? So THAT is how restaurants do it!? Doh!

YJDKIY was too busy making it up as I went along though to take photos, but the general idea...

-Heat precooked bacon in frying pan (bacon could be omited, but it gives a nice flavor in the end), then saute red onion, garlic, celery and yellow pepper.
-Melt 2-3 T of butter (I use unsalted) in large stock pot and transfer saute mix to pot. Add 1-1.5 T all purpose flour and stir until mix is well coated
-Add 32 oz stock and bring to boil
-Add small cubed baking potato and simmer 20 mins
-Add basil, pepper, kosher salt, old bay, simmer more
-Add 1 bag frozen corn and bring to gentle boil
-Add 2/3 c. soy milk and 1 c. grated extra sharp cheddar and stir stir stir
-Simmer and add crumbled bacon just before serving.

PS: Since the soup already wasn't that healthy, I caved on the bread too and got the HT Olive Oil & Rosemary, which is white, which I never EVER buy, has lots of sodium but is OH so tasty. It was worth it.

2 comments:

  1. What taste were looking for? bacon, cheese, creamy....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...