February 28, 2010

Incredible Edible (but not preferable) Egg

YJDKIY rarely has real eggs in the fridge, but this morning, yes! Theoretically, I'm a fan of these, with the protein, B12 and omegas (and Riboflavin, who knew?), especially if they are the cage-free organic kind. And one of the blogs I frequent keeps featuring fried eggs. And I had some extra breakfast time. So this confluence lead me to attempt one.
First, something about raw egg guts really grosses me out and second, they just smell gross cooking...some combination of fish-poultry-milk-wet dog. Third, I'm paranoid about salmonella and can't deal with it not being 110% cooked, or over-well. Fourth, I can't bring myself to use any (unsalted) butter, because I know it's going on my whole wheat toast. Which I think ruins the entire purpose of the recipe. And reminds me why I stick to EggBeaters or pasteurized Egg Whites.



Clearly, the canine component wasn't phased by my crazy anti-egg list and couldn't stop her sniffer despite her usual manners.



I think I'll attempt this again (since there are 11 more eggs in there!) in hopes of improving the cooking technique and thereby the result. And maybe add some cheese. And mix it up. Oh wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...