March 2, 2010

Good things (that) come in....

...short sizes!!!

YJDKIY is vertically challenged, especially in the legular department. Thus, I've searched far and wide for petite length (28") non-Mom jeans.



Yes, I know I can have the expensive brands hemmed to the exact size. Yes, I know Gap and BR and J.Crew come in so-called petite and ankle lengths, but they lie. They're STILL at least 30" inseams, which requires YJDKIY to wear heels and defeats half the wardrobe purpose of said jeans.

With holey knees looming in my last pair of Gap Low Rise Flares (now about 6 years old...purchased back when they were made for real people), I decided to give the only result of massive Google searching a try, despite Wikipedia's warning:

Delia's, Inc. is a direct marketing and retail company composed of two lifestyle brands primarily targeting girls and young women between the ages of 12 and 19.


Word to the wise: good things don't come in SMALL sizes though, as when dealing with Junior's clothes and anyone over 19, they aren't made for curves! I had to order 2 sizes up from my normal size (they're a little big, so maybe one size up would do it, but this way they can go in the dryer...which almost makes up for the not so feel good sizing!) :P There are at least 10 different pants available in 28" inseam, and they're all under $50, so I say who cares and promptly cut the tag out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...