March 2, 2010

On the clock*

*alternately titled The Post In Which I Have A Lot of Time to Type About Unimportant Stuff

YJDKIY had several errands to run this morning in order to take advantage of the SAH day (not to be confused with the WFH day). I love doing my normal weekend/lunch errands on a random weekday morning because the traffic and store closterphobicness is significantly less. It's the perfect combination of list crossing off and enjoying being out and about in town.


Stop 1: Big Lots...SCORE! For less than $20, I acquired a double box of Kashi Honey Sunshine cereal, kid-sized-fit-me-perfect leather gardening gloves, single application white caulk, a grill brush and vegetable grill pan, felt chair slidey sticker things, and a 1 c. Anchor Hocking measuring cup to replace the one the canine component stold. Total time in store = 23 minutes


Stop 2: Bank...SCORE! I had my check signed and deposit slip pre-filled out allowing me to breeze through one of the *four* open drive through lines. Total transaction time = 4 minutes (seriously!).


Stop 3: Library...SCORE! On-street parking right in front of the book depository. Total errand time = 1.5 minutes.


Stop 4: Post Office...FAIL! Holy picture of inefficiency Batman. YJDKIY rarely curses, but from the clusterf*** that was the parking lot, to the line (literally) out the door, to the two cashiers chatting with customers they weren't serving about vegetable planting it really made me mutter a few words. On my way out, I asked a lady who saw the line and turned around if it was always like that, she said yes. Total transaction time = 3 minutes (you're welcome, rest of the line, I was trying to help you out). Total errand time = 37 (no kidding) minutes.

Bonus camera-phone (watch it!) goodie...didn't I JUST blog about this? If the government can get it right, why can't Hallmark?


Stop 5: Walmart...surprising SCORE! Fancy shampoo, crackers, avocado, windshield wipers, rubber bands. I know, I hate it too, but this town leaves me no choice but to shop there. ALL the speedy checkouts were open AND there were clerks waiting to ring me up. Total time = 12 minutes.

PS: It's pouring snow, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...