March 6, 2010

Pasta Bazoooola*

*Recipe naming courtesy of YJDKIY diner

Zucchini, sweet onion, garlic, green and red pepper and eggplant. I was going for something that resembled ratatouille,  or, a stepped up version of my quick eggplant concoction from this summer.

Chopped fresh basil (sadly, the flavor got lost in the melt down)

Love this ginormous pot/pan for simmering veggies.

Even if it does take up more than it's share of the cooktop.

 

Sliced and marinated eggplant wedges in olive oil/red wine vinegar/lots of spices and baked for a while, hoping to get a roasted type texture, but ended up with mostly much. There was too much seedy part I hear. 


                                     
(stupid new blogger editing won't let me center this pic for some reason!)

Found this new product in HT and sauted it for some some more protein and substance. Still not sure what it really is! But, I think I like it, and the company, and it was fairly inexpensive (compared to the fish I WAS going to serve with this).


Ended up dicing up eggoplant and mixing with veggies/sauce. Served over whole wheat pasta topped with a little low fat mozza.

 
And red wine. Evil evil red wine. Granted it wasn't actually this label, but that's what I am deeming it. No matter how much I drink, I always get a super stuffy nose, bright red and burning cheeks, a tummy ache and the worst headache in the morning.  Upon googling this, I discovered "Red Wine Headache Syndrome" even has it's own wikipedia page. I know enough to know it's not the sulfites, so based on this article from WineGeeks, I'm going with the histamines. Who knew? But that is exactly what it feels like and I'm never touching red wine again! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...