April 16, 2010

To be or not to be


YJDKIY drinks about 8-12  oz of black coffee a day, but I'm debating curbing this habit. I do love the way it tastes first thing in the morning, and I think there are some benefits...

WebMD has a great article touting the benefits of coffee. Just the introduction alone is convincing:
Want a drug that could lower your risk of diabetes, Parkinson's disease, and colon cancer? That could lift your mood and treat headaches? That could lower your risk of cavities? If it sounds too good to be true, think again. Coffee, the much maligned but undoubtedly beloved beverage, just made headlines for possibly cutting the risk of the latest disease epidemic, type 2 diabetes. And the real news seems to be that the more you drink, the better.

ABC News shares this: A study released today from the University of Scranton revealed that coffee is America's No. 1 source of antioxidants, an important compound that protects your body from disease.

 This Harvard Health Publications article out lines it well: It’s surprising when something that was once considered questionable for your health turns out to have health benefits, usually with the proviso to use it “in moderation.”

All that said, I HATE being dependent on my (early) morning caffeine fix.  I'm thinking of stepping down to tea, possibly. Or, finding a small amount (4-6 oz?) that still provides the benefits and pick up, without dependency. One thing I know I can't do is the classic half decaf-half caf, that's even more high maintenance. So, anyone have suggestions or thoughts on this?

2 comments:

  1. I love my decaf and I am not caffiene dependent...lots of folks drink tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm high on life!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...