June 7, 2010

Attack of the killer....

The YJDKIY canine component was violently barking at the front door this morning. A bark usually reserved for intruders such as the mail lady or of the feline persuasion. I peeked out the window to see nothing but this little kinda big guy stuck on the porch.


My eastern NC grandparents used to talk about slugs eating all their plants, in fact, they even brought my parents a large slug magnet from their travels somewhere.  I've heard the usual beer and salt remedies, but I can't say that I've ever actually seen a slug devouring a garden plant. Much less one that is 3" long and girthier (YJDKIY vocabulary special!) than a pencil! He was promptly transported to the outer edge of the yard upon discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...