June 29, 2010

Gar-licking Good!

I acquired some garlic scapes recently and, it's been a while since Oikos got any YJDKIYlovin so I thought I'd combine the two into a healthy mashed potato recipe!


Garlic scapes (from a CSA!) sliced up (kind of like asparagus, stop at the tough bottom part) and sauted in EVOO.


Boiled red potatoes (from a local produce stand!)


Mixed up and mashed with about 2T of plain Stonyfield greek yogurt (I also added a tiny bit of soy milk and an itty pinch of kosher salt). No butter, no mayo, plus extra protein, v&m and probiotics!


YUM...vegetable plate (man I miss kale!). Fresh beets with balsamic and rosemary, BEPs with onion, taters, and stuffed zuchs that accidently ended up tasting like crab cakes (I think it was the breadcrumbs!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...