June 21, 2010

Twenty Questions

  1. What kitchen utensil/gadget can you not live without?
    Super sharp knives/cutting board/collander
  2. What are the ideal toppings for pizza?
    Fresh basil, green peppers, pepperoni, fresh mozza, spinach or broccoli
  3. What is comfort food to you?
    Mac and cheese (aka snackncheese/mac and trees)
  4. What do you consider the 5 most essential ingredients you keep in your kitchen?
    EVOO, garlic, cinnamon, vinegar, cheese, um...vegetables? can that count as one? no? then agave?

  5. What was your biggest cooking disaster?Seriously, just one? There are three that stand out. The key lime pie I put in the freezer for a quick chill/set that spilled into the icemaker. The broccoli soup that exploded out of the blender when I forgot you can't put a lid on hot soup. The new recipe birthday dinner that I forgot to thaw the pastry, broke the sink sprayer AND the fridge grate, burned the pot and served 1.5 hours late.
  6. What is your favorite dish to cook…your signature dish?
    I have no idea...ask the diners? I do like to make the potato-kale enchiladas a lot.
  7. What do you hate cooking? Any kind of meat, I never know when its done and am paranoid and end up overcooking. Plus I have to clorox down everything after.
  8. What was your first cookbook?
    Good Housekeeping Illustrated Cookbook
  9. What is something in your fridge/freezer/pantry that would surprise people?
    Cheerwine
  10. What recipe websites do you frequent? 101 cookbooks, The Food Channel, Food Network, Epicurious, Foodbuzz, theppk.com, goodbite.com, Cooking Light, Whole Foods, google!
  11. What foods do you just not like? Mushrooms (but I just decided I like shiitake), super spicy anything, okra, ham, swiss cheese
  12. Should food bloggers be allowed to take photos in restaurants?Meh, they should be allowed to, but should also have manners enough to not disrupt the meal for others (or their own dining experience).
  13. What are you favorite local items for each season?Spring-asparagus, Summer-zucchini, Fall-butternut, (late)Winter-kale
  14. What was your most memorable restaurant meal?Yikes, I have to say I've never eaten anywhere that really blew me a away. It's all about the right place at the right time! I do love Zada Janes, Laughing Seed, I had really good, slow-cooked dinners twice at Moonshine, now closed, and two good dinners at the Prickly Pear.
  15. Best food book you've read?"Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver (but really that was an audio book)
  16. How long do you spend cooking dinner each night?Depends, usually start cooking around 6 and eat by 7-7:30. Thankfully I don't have to clean up most night! :)
  17. Guilty pleasure food?Cheetos, bacon/egg/cheese biscuits, waffles
  18. What did you have for breakfast today?Scrambled egg with red onion and bell pepper, last half of the local everything bagel with light cream cheese, farmer's market cantaloupe and cheap, tasty blueberries. I love breakfast. I could eat it for every meal.
  19. What's the biggest issue with food right now?Sodium, hand's down. Restaurants, packaged food, meats...it's in everything in excess.
  20. If you were a food, what would you be?Avocado...
YOUR TURN! Answer a few questions in the comment section!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...