October 6, 2010

New Keeper

Based on Hungry Girl's Cheesy Butternut Bake, I started with the following:


 YJDKIY doesn't eat grapefruit, but I love my grapefruit spoons for things such as this!

(and promptly forgot just how long it takes to prepare a *Farmer's Market* butternut!).


After dicing it all up and adding some *Farmer's Market* (hello, where were these all season?) green onions, I mixed in the 2 wedges (3 or 4 would have been better), some egg white, bread crumbs, (last minute added) soy milk, ground pepper, and a lot of parmesan. I still wanted it a little more cheesey, but I guess that defeats the healthy part (so do the breadcrumbs and parm!).


Baked for 30 minutes at 375 and broiled for 3 minutes on 500!

Afterthought: I purposefully didn't add any salt thinking the parm would cover it...wrong! This butternut was superduper sweet and it need the tiniest shake of garlic salt for serving. Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...