November 19, 2010

Calzone redux

YJDKIY set out to reform the classic fatty cheese and carby dough recipe that is a calzone.

 Onion, garlic, red pepper, thyme, nutmeg, oregano, basil for seasoning. Tofu, spinach, ricotta, mozza for filling. Pitas for stuffings. 

 I actually like West Soy's firm tofu better than Nasoya because it is firmier....which made it a not smart choice for mashing up...doh.

All scrambled together and sauted for about 10 minutes. 

 Last minute addition: shiitakes I forgot to use in the veggie rolls!

 The other eater requested a low-dairy option so I made some with just a little mozza, but most had some ricotta mixed in too. I don't know how much...not a lot, as you can see.

 Did you know this type of cutting of a pepper gets me in trouble?

Dipping sauce! Do you see what I see?
 A tidy cook I am not!


Baked for about 20 minutes on 375 degrees.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I want to make these. HOPE they are in the new cookbook that will arrive at the publisher's before the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...