November 29, 2010

Give and Take

This place sure has been wordy and not photoy lately! Enter tofu veggie stir fry night!


Nasoya has a new product: tofuplus "Nasoya organic TofuPlus is designed to meet the nutritional needs for those on a no/low meat diet and is fortified with B2, B6, B12, D and Calcium." It also costs $.90 more.

My Blue Q towels make the perfect tofu blotter.


Bonus points to Ken's for this NO SODIUM marinade. While that is one of my pet food peeves, to give up that, I get stuck with HFCS.


Not sure which is the lesser evil, but this was pretty tasty.


YJDKIY is a bit of a freak when it comes to sauteing tofu. Each side has to get perfectly browned. The marinade was not helping this process at all.


But after careful and diligent rotation, near perfection! If you use a plastic fork as your flipper, watch out for exploding tofu bits that will burn your hand! Perhaps this is why people use spatulas.


I need more burners.


I am also incapable of timing this meal right. Usually I overcook the veggies in lieu of making sure the tofu is done. This time I somehow managed to UNDERcook them (a seriously less offensive offense, however). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...