YJDKIY loves making soup. This was incredibly easy and equally tasty!
3 cans organic chick peas (garbanzo beans)
1 zucchini (optional)
32 oz vegetable stock
1/2 yellow onion
4 garlic cloves
1 can organic diced tomatoes
3T balsamic vinegar
rosemary, pepper, garlic powder
fresh grated parm for topping
1. In a large soup pot, heat a drizzle of EVOO until warm. Add onion and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes
2. Add stock and bring to boil
3. Add 2 cans of chick peas, tomato, and spices to taste (go heavy on the rosemary, I used both dried leaves and ground), reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes
4. Using an immersion blender, food processor or regular blender, loosely chop up the soup. Leave some lumps.
5. Return to heat and add 3rd can of chick peas, diced zucchini, and balsamic to taste. Simmer on a low boil for 10 minutes.
6. Serve topped with grated parm