April 17, 2011

Old Friends

Sat on a park bench like bookends. I think I first made this recipe in college, out of a free Kraft easy-cook recipe magazine. Yes that is like easy-bake ovens. :P


Perhaps because of how much I loathe cooking chicken, there was some in the freezer and YJDKIY had forgotten about this for years (the recipe, not the chicken, that's gross). Spinach, stuffing, pepper, tomato. The original recipe uses salad dressing as the flavoring, but despite allowing it to post for the photo here, I couldn't bring myself to use it.


Instead I seasoned the chopped up spinach and peppers with a little EVOO, balsamic, basil, garlic powder, and rosemary. It smelled so good, I really just wanted to eat the filling instead of putting it in the chicken.


See it does look like bookends. Pound out the chicken with something hard - I used a bottle of EVOO I will never use because it came from the dollar store as a white elephant Christmas present. I digress.


ACK! The other eater was kind enough to take a photo of my gooey hands rolling up the chicken, but apparently the camera revolted. Or maybe it was user error. Bake for about 45-55 minutes on 375.


Whew, that's better. Tasty and slightly fancy looking, but definitely of the college flavor variety.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...