February 6, 2012

Crunchy Nut Dinner Muffins

Let me tell you a little story. I went to make some bread for the soup scheduled this week. Mainly because I don't really care for grocery store bread. That and I forgot it. So, I called in a request of a non-yeast bread, because I only stock pizza crust quick yeast in my pantry. That eliminated a lot of bready options. But, I acquired a recipe that seemed reasonable, not too many ingredients. Yet, low and behold, I didn't have any eggs either. And, since it was pouring rain, there was no way I was heading back to the store. So, I did what I always do: concoct.



1 1/4 c old fashioned oats
1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder (that expired a um, year ago)
1/4 t salt
1/2 c slivered almonds
1/2 c raw sunflower seeds
2 T canola oil
2 T honey
1 c milk

Mix the dry ingredients. Separately, combine the oil and honey. Mix in the milk and combine with the dry ingredients. Spoon into well-greased muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes at 400.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...