March 13, 2012

The Anti-Restaurant Meal

Despite a fantastic meal at Allans Falafel (seriously, best Israeli food I've ever had), YJDKIY gets very tired of eating non-home cooked food. So, tonight I did my best to come up with the antithesis of a restaurant meal.

Plus, we had a TON of baby leaf kale and a "salad" seemed in order. To wilt it, I heated some olive oil in the wok and added grated carrots and chickpeas all at once.


It cooked for about 4-5 minutes with the addition of a dash of sesame oil and about 1T low sodium soy sauce.


Meanwhile, I sauted some sliced up tempeh.


Combined it all together for a tasty, clean home cooked meal.


Totally a keeper and likely not on any restaurant menu!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...