November 2, 2009

Visually Impaired

The food part of this blog is suffering from a logistical conundrum, or maybe just laziness. I find it annoying to stop mid-cook and take photos. In addition, my iPhone gets all mucky trying to meet form and function in photographing and cooking. And it takes too long to wash and dry my hands between these tasks.

So, no pretty pictures, just the highlight of yummy eats from the weekend:

Pumpkin-Oat Pancakes. This is the closest recipe I could find to what I did, but mine used Hodgson Mill buckwheat pancake mix, plus extra cinnamon and nutmeg, plus about 1/2-2/3 c. canned pumpkin. I also used eggbeaters instead of eggs. There might have also been maple syrup involved. Yum!

And, FINALLY I made kale chips! Simplest salt craving fixing recipe ever! You really don't even need a recipe. Rinse a bunch of kale, remove in bite size pieces from the stalks and place on a flat cookie sheet. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees, and drizzle kale with olive oil (you could also toss it in a bag before hand for more even coverage, or use a mister if you have said kitchen gadget, ahem birthday suggestion). Then sprinkle with a little kosher salt and garlic powder. Bake for 15-20 minutes until leaves are brown and crunchy. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...