December 3, 2009

Daddy Warbucks

Today, as YJDKIY was organizing the cabinet, a theme appeared. Man, I buy a lot of Kashi products, I should buy stock in that.

So, I promptly googled this much only to discover some interesting parent company facts. While Food Inc made me think about these, I can't say I have it in me to avoid certain brands because they're owned by others. I think you'll find a lot of your own foods in this list from the Organic Consumers Association, so speak up if you have any ingenious ideas. I'm sure this is just the tip of the iceberg!

  • Celestial Seasonings®, Westbrae Natural®, Westsoy®, Arrowhead Mills®, Health Valley®, Imagine Foods (Rice Dream), MaraNatha, Bearitos, Garden of Eatin'®, Terra Chips®, Earth's Best® => Hain Celestial Group => HJ Heinz
  • Cascadian Farms => Small Planet Foods => General Mills
  • Odwalla Juice => Coca Cola
  • Boca Burgers => Kraft => Philip Morris
  • Seeds of Change => M&M Mars Group
  • Silk, Horizon => White Wave => Dean Foods
  • Knudsen, After the Fall => Smuckers
  • Smart Dogs => Lightlife => ConAgra
  • Kashi, Morning Star Farms, Bear Naked => Kellogg's
  • Tribe => Nestle
And Here is a great graphic of all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...