March 4, 2010

Pyrus pyrifolia

a.k.a. Lunch on the GO!


YJDKIY puffy hearts Asian Pears. They're super juicy and have the texture of a perfect pear/apple combination but aren't nearly as sweet. Plus they're way more filling. A medium one has about 55 calories and 4g of fiber (less calories, more fiber than apple!). Right up there with cuties!

However, I can't stand the skin, which is true for all fruit...I peel apples, pears, plums, grapes if I can. Not only do I not like the flavor, I frequently can't find organically grown varieties. The thought of the pesticides and general grossness that must be lurking in peeling is revolting. So, I pack a peeler in my lunch bag and manage to not coat myself (just my iPhone) in fruit juice. Not to worry, I was in the Whole Foods (more exciting news on that later) parking lot for this shoot, not actually operating a vehicle.

Here is a list of 10 Fruits and Vegetable recommended to buy organic if at all possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...