March 7, 2010

Rajbhog


YJDKIY rarely posts restaurant reviews, so take note! I don't know how this came into circulation, but whenever anywhere close, Rajbhog is on the agenda.


I never know what I'm eating and it's different every time I order...and it's slightly intimidating to be the only ahem, Caucasian, in the place, but the restaurant owners and staff are always super smiley and almost excited to explain the specials.

The only thing I know I regularly like is Chole, slightly spicy chickpeas


and bread, naan or rotli, which is what I had last night.


The Jeera rice is sooooo tasty and the only way YJDKIY's wussy mouth can make it through.


I'm not really sure what else I ate...but it looked something like this:


either Bhindi, which is basically okra OR



Tindora, which I think it actually was because she described it as mini-cucumber




and some kind of dal I think. There were also crunchy things on the side that looked like unsweetened kid's cereal, but I don't even know how to google to find them!

Maybe one day we won't stuff ourselves so insanely that we have room for one of the 60 varieties of sweets they stock. 


Some more photos from their Facebook page!

 

And finally, a review from Creative Loafing.  Get thee there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...