March 8, 2010

You say pistou...

I say pesto!

 

This was mostly based on my planned recipe , but I modified it a bit for ease of preparation since I wasn't feeling the soup loving on the warmest day of the year so far! :P

1. Saute onions, garlic in olive oil, add carrots
2. Add approximately half a jar of dried basil and half a jar of garlic powder, some oregano, rosemary and black pepper
3. Add 32 oz. low sodium organic chicken broth and 32 oz. water, and bring to a boil
4. Add zucchini, potato, leek, navy beans, tiny pasta, and return to boil
5. Simmer 20-30 minutes
6. Meanwhile, prepare pesto mix (I cheated with a package)
7. Add diced tomatoes a few minutes before serving and top with thickened pesto

Do you know the difference between pistou and pesto? Basically just that pesto has pine nuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...