April 27, 2010

Records

YJDKIY seems to be in a competition with myself to make the fasted dinner ever!


Saute onions and green pepper in olive oil, add Smart Life Ground Originial and continue to brown. Add in fresh baby spinach leaves (I used a whole bag!) and mix in until wilted.

Add some Organic Newman's Own Basil Tomato sauce (MAN it kills me to eat this. For the life of me I do not know why one serving of tomato sauce needs to include 650 mg of sodium.)


Serve all mixed together over whole wheat pasta and topped with mozza. My cool Flickr app that takes pictures and uploads them lost my presentation photo. Or, um, user error of that app lost it.  :(

2 comments:

  1. do you like the Smart Ground?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not especially, but it was on VIC and I had a coupon (not that that is a good reason to eat junk!). LightLife is owned by ConAgra which may explain why they feel the need to put hydrolyzed soy and corn protein in this (basically MSG).
    Plus, the taste and texture aren't fantastic.

    Another option I've tried is Morning Star Farms Meal Starters (Kellogg), but they use GMO soybeans (but no fake MSG!), so you can't really win (MSF does taste better and has a better consistency) with either...unless of course you're comparing to actual ground beef (imo)! :P

    Next time I get to a store that carries it, I will be using Bob's Red Mill or bulk TVP, until then, I'm stuck with MSF probably. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...