June 11, 2010

THIS


IS A PROBLEM. I absolutely despise buying grocery store produce now. Not only do I feel guity for not buying local and supporting the farmers in my area, but my farmer's market produce never costs $3 for only one serving, never is sneakily covered (on the inside leaves) in rotting kale worms, gnats and grossness. My farmer's market produce never ruins an entire meal by being too disgusting to even try to clean off an eat. (yes I know you probably can't see them, they're there trust me, they just landed on the bottom when I threw it all down in shock horror and amazement.)

I seriously considered bagging the whole gross ball of moldy, bug infested Cal-organics kale up, fishing the receipt out of the trash and taking it back to Harris Teeter. But then I considered the gas it would take to start up my car, crank the AC because it is in fact 92 degrees out, drive there and back...only to return with another bunch of kale that also had to be cold-trucked across the country and had a carbon footprint as big as the state of California. GRAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...