July 3, 2010

The Scramble

So we know I'm not really a cookbook fan...me and recipes just don't really get along and I'd rather just make it up as I go along with whatever ingredients are on hand. However, a coworker recently recommended The Six O'Clock Scramble,  Quick, Healthy, and Delicious Dinner Recipes for Busy Families.


YJDKIY flipped through and marked about 30 meals to try...and I likely will. While not terribly inventive, they are truly quick and seemingly healthy. The beauty is because the majority of them are kid-friendly, they use ingredients I normally stock (but are still tasty, just not fancy and expensive!) and supposedly only take 30 minutes (I question this as I think the prep time is NOT counting chopping and washing of vegetables, which makes up about 50% of my dinner prep time usually). There is a website, but I have trouble loading the page every time I go there it stalls, which I am going to pretend is because of high traffic and the fact that it's always 6:00 somewhere!*

At any rate the other YJDKIY diner was asked to pick a four of the marked recipes for the upcoming week!

SUNDAY: Veggie chili p. 286 (might add some barley since that recipe didn't happen last week)

MONDAY: Grilled Cheese sammies with brie & baby spinach p. 197

TUESDAY: Coconut chicken with mango chutney p. 126 (I picked this one and will likely substitute some other kind of chutney because YJDKIY just doesn't like mango)

WEDNESDAY: Crunchy rainbow wraps p. 264

THURSDAY: Black bean burgers p. 127

FRIDAY: Leftovers/fridge cleanout!!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...