September 27, 2010

YJDKIY has done nature burgers, black bean burgers, black bean cakes and here, salmon cakes, zucchini cakes (oops I didn't blog that!), sweet potato latkes (or that!), BEP patties, crab cakes and now I give you...Butter Bean Burgers (I think they call these Lima Beans in the not-South!)


One bag frozen beans cooked in the microwave (gak, I know I know...). Add some water if they get dry and mix in all of these seasonings (oregano, basil, cumin, dill, thyme, pepper, onion, garlic...not the breadcrumbs yet!).


Mash em all up, microwave an extra 2-4 minutes, and then mix in breadcrumbs, an egg (I used egg white) and some cheddar cheese. Shape into patties and pan fry with PAM until golden. These burgers were served naked and bunless but on big ol' Romaine hearts with a tangy-sweet-spicy ketchup mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...