November 12, 2010

Jeopardy

Dinner has really been in jeopardy this week, but once again, planning prevailed (despite actually not planning very well and lacking a key ingredient). I busted out another new recipe that is definitely a keeper!


Mama Pea's Zucchini-Quinoa Lasagna. I followed her recipe, so see her blog for detailed prep shots, however, I made this about 10x easier than that I think (or maybe she is just wordy?).  I also forgot to get cream cheese AND mozza, so I had to make do...but it would be a lot better with the creamy and more saucy.

I simply sliced the zuchs into noodles, cooked the quinoa according to the box, sauted onion/garlic/green pepper then dumped that all together with some jarsauce and layered: zuch, quinoa, sauce, cheese (grated leftover white cheddar and some old yellow cheddar I found in back of the cheese drawer that wasn't too moldy), repeat. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...