YJDKIY got lazy last night...despite having the superfun toy to document meal making, I was in a super hurry to get this on the table and in my tummy! I also get a little antsy when making a new dish causing me to hover over it like a helicopter parent rather than go get the camera. Sorry. This one was chosen to use my Winter Harvest Baby White Turnips!
For this, I followed the basic Israeli Moroccan Couscous recipe...except I didn't have couscous and used risotto instead, which gave it a creamier texture.
1. Melt butter in large pan, add 2 c. aborio rice and saute 2-3 minutes
2. Add 1 c. vegetable stock, when absorbed, add 2 more c.
3. Add diced carrots, sweet potato, turnips (hello, why did I not know about these sooner? They're like...savory apples! YUM!), red pepper, onion
4. Add stock as it is absorbed, and some water. Add lots of curry powder, garlic powder, turmeric, cinnamon and saffron (I had no saffron. I'm just mad about Saffron? ♫)
5. Simmer awhile, then add chick peas, diced zucchini and more spices and water if needed.
6. Stir in some tomato sauce (I thought this was really odd and was afraid it was going to ruin it, but no!)
7. Simmer until ready to serve with Garlic EVOO'd pitas!