April 25, 2011

Arugula Pest

I just typed pest instead of pesto. I'm leaving it.

Our Spring CSA delivered lots and lots of greens for the first week. I love greens - kale, collards, mustard, turnip, you name it. There's only one I just can't seem to embrace: Arugula.


I don't think you should eat something that tastes like burnt rubber. And, when I do eat it, I feel like I am eating something toxic. So, what was I going to do with a bag full of the stuff?


Smother it in garlic of course.


Just like regular pesto, but arugula instead of basil, and walnuts instead of pine nuts.


All mashed up with a little EVOO, garlic salt, water, and parm.


Served on my favorite brand of whole wheat angel hair.


With diced tomatoes mixed in. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...