August 23, 2011

Rockin & Rollin New Recipe

Literally! More on that (clicky) in a minute though...


Totally awesome recipe coming at you. And I mostly just invented in my little YJDKIY bobble head. Hold on, I'm getting to that (different clicky).


Un-cob the fresh, local, sweet white corn and microwave it for about 1 minute.


Thin slice 2 zucchinis and dice half an onion.


Saute those three ingredients in EVOO with some cumin and cilantro until tender, about 8 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap corn tortillas in damp paper cloth and microwave for a minute.


Pam the pyrex (fun expression, no?) and layer a bit of salsa, 4 tortillas and the corn-zuch mix.


Ignore the cheesemongrel.


Top with cheddar, salsa, and olives. Repeat, finishing with a layer of tortillas and a bit of salsa.


Bake for 30 minutes at 375 degrees.


This was such a good combination. Sweet fresh corn is the key. The look on their faces sums up the day...


HUH?! What was that? Is that ... an EARTHQUAKE?! I was in a meeting at 1:50 when the loud rumbling started. We all talked over it for a few seconds and then quickly realized there wasn't a lawn crew outside the door. The beverages on the table were sloshing and the door joints were very squeaky! It felt like driving over the rumble strips on the side of the road. The weirdest thing was that I suwannee (so worth-it clicky) it lasted about a minute despite reports of 20-30 seconds. The funnest part, of course, was the social media flurry for the next 2 hours (I'm pretty sure no one was actually doing work this afternoon). It made me slightly more endeared to Twitter.

That was the second quake I've felt in Winston, the first was in 2006 at like 5 am and was just a loud noise and quick rattle, enough to wake me up. My very first quake experience was like a 2.1 in Boonetacular in high school. Who knew?! And as one of my favorite local reporters said: "stop rolling your eyes at us, Cali!"

Obligatory: Did you feel it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...