November 28, 2011

Pumpkin Stuffed Mushrooms

For Thanksgiving Day, YJDKIY needed a hearty appetizer/lunch item since dinner got pushed back to, well, dinner time. Enter my Winter Harvest mushrooms...


...and an open can of half-used pumpkin, the end of a bag of stuffing, some yellow onion, some shredded parm, some sage and thyme, and a spoonful of almost-done Neufchâtel.


Remove the stems and fill them up. Place on a cookie sheet (I foiled it, don't know why though...). Since I only had 5 little shiitakes, I also stuffed some organic buttom mushrooms from TJs.


Bake in a 400 oven for about 20 minutes. 


The other eaters thought these were pretty tasty...and I had a couple of bites, despite my lack of love for mushies.  They were super easy to make and presented (and photographed!) really well. I'll definitely make these again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...