March 7, 2012

Smelling the Roses

Or the jonquils!

Especially if you are a canine. This week YJDKIY celebrated SEVEN years of never having to vacuum the kitchen floor, nose prints on the front door and car windows, tan fur on all my black clothing, and who knows how many miles of walks.


In other words, the Canine Component came home with me on March 5, 2005. That was her very first photo.  Being Little Miss Uncooperative as ever.


On that day in 2006, the jonquils happened to be the prettiest thing in the yard, so she had a little photo shoot by them.


And then again in 2007 when they just happened to be blooming the same week. The idea stuck and I tried to make a point to take a photo by jonquils each year. Only this year it wasn't really BY so much as ON jonquils.


Not sure what happened in 2008, but this was the closest I could find.


The 2009 photo was her last Winston-Salem jonquil photo. It's sort of like she's sticking her tongue out at this poor flower showing!


And in 2010, she found some a little farther south to sit beside.


2011 was a little cold and snowy in March, so I'm wondering if they weren't blooming yet since I took this one on the back porch where things were much warmer. Or maybe I just forgot. Which is funny because I actually had a nice camera then!


Here we are in 2012 and looking quite smart in our old age, wouldn't you say? She's not only the most photographed doggy in the world, she's also aged well! Happy Adoption Day Canine Component!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...