April 28, 2012

May I Make You Dinner?!

This month has a lot going for it. Hopefully we'll get off to a good start on May Day Tuesday.

SatChinese Chicken Noodle Soup
Sun: Vegetarian Chili, broccoli
Mon: Falafel, Carrots
Tues: Beets, Kale, Fish
Wed: Black Bean Sweet Potato Tacos
Thur: Salad with Roasted Chick Peas
Fri: Broccoli Rabe Veggie Pizza

For my marketing this week, I split my time between the Salisbury Farmer's Market, where it's always nice to chat with the folks from Wild Turkey Farms (check out their new website!) and Correll Farms (yay, greens are back!) and Father & Son Produce, which is pretty much my idea of veggie shopping heaven. My spoils from each:

Correll: Broccoli Rabe, Kale, Free Radishes! $6
Eagle Farm: Strawberries, Red Spring Onions  $5
Lee Ly: Baby Lettuce $2
F&S: 2 Cucumbers, Broccoli, 4 Bananas, 3 Garlics, Cilantro, 4 Beets, 3 Yellow Onions $8.50

In case you've missed it, this is why I keep up with these purchases: Join the NC 10% campaign

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...