October 19, 2009

Less for More

OK, I know when I sign up for a brunch date, healthy probably isn't going to be the first item on the menu. And, while I do love eggs for high protein, low calories and yumminess, I don't just love their cholesterol, especially in omelet form where cheese usually enters the mix.

So, while not surprising, I find it annoying that I have to pay more (albeit only $.90) to get less, and be more healthy.
Until it costs LESS to be healthier, I'm reasonably sure this trend will continue. (yes I know these are obesity statistics and eggs are not exactly a contributor to that with the low-cal status, however, the way people eat their eggs and the quantity consumed DO contribute!)
  • American society has become 'obesogenic,' characterized by environments that promote increased food intake, nonhealthful foods, and physical inactivity. Policy and environmental change initiatives that make healthy choices in nutrition and physical activity available, affordable, and easy will likely prove most effective in combating obesity.
  • In 2008, only one state (Colorado) had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%.
  • Thirty-two states had a prevalence equal to or greater than 25%; six of these states (Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia ) had a prevalence of obesity equal to or greater than 30%.
  • One of 7 low-income, preschool-aged children is obese
PS: I had the veggie! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...