March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring!

Is the perfect day for this to make it's seasonal debut:


Grilled (organic) chicken marinated in Worcestershire/teriyaki/garlic, steamed asparagus with lemon and some Annie's Homegrown (organic) snack and cheese, complete with my favorite condiment.


The 75+ degree weather was perfect to start my eat local project!


(YJDKIY can see a few tiny mung bean sprouts making their way out, and they're definitely bigger!
Yes that is a Cheerwine cap - do I get to drink soda if it's local!?)

And, for about $6 total, I picked up this to start some basil and thyme (the package said perfect for containers and I just returned two container gardening for the kitchen books to the library this morning!). We'll see, YJDKIY doesn't have high hopes for these to work and figures on buying baby plants in a few weeks.


Happy Spring Sprung!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...