May 21, 2010

All Stuffed Up and Nowhere to Go

Apparently YJDKIY was a space cadet this week. I totally planned to make stuffed peppers. But all the while, in my little Gilly head, I was picturing this, and when I went to look for the recipe discovered it was stuffed ACORN SQUASH!

No worry, I quickly switched gears to make stuffed peppers, as intended. Which means, of course, it gets blogged, whereas the stuffed squash has already seen its 15 minutes of fame.

Stoplight peppers and a little tomato sauce

I had some evil Bocas burried deep in the freezer to use up, so they're crumbled, sauted with red onion, garlic, quinoa, fresh spinach, basil, garlic powder, oregano and a little rosemary. 

All ready to go in the oven. The canine component was on parm dropping clean up duty.

Topped with tomato sauce and cheese, baked at 350 for 25 minutes. Delish!

---------------------------

And in other Avenue news, leave it to the Republicans. You may remember months ago when I wrote to my congresspeople about school lunches and got an email immediately back from Kay Hagan's office.  Not to be out done, now, May 11, I received a postal mail letter from the other one. Not quite the mark of efficiency or resourcefulness. Furthermore, they got the zip code wrong for the city I do live in, but that's not even the best part. Take a look for yourself (click the image to enlarge if you can't see):


Henceforth, ye shall address your loyal blogger as The Honorable YJDKIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...