May 15, 2010

It happens!

Even to YJDKIY! It's been quite a while, and I'm really pleased with that...but, recently YJDKIY had to resort to a frozen meal. My choice:

Amy's Kitchen Organic Brown Rice Black-Eyed Peas & Veggies Bowl

Overall, this was pretty good and I'll likely buy it again. This appears to be a great company and I hope as I read more about them, I'm not disappointed. Love the organic ingredients (apparently only 86% though), and at 290 calories, it's a great dinner size. I did add about a tablespoon of grated parm for a little more protein and fill. It's a little high in fat an I could do without the 580 mg of sodium, but at least I can pronounce all the ingredients (yay, no preservatives and no apparent random additives, so I deem it acceptable, although, the non-specific spices* is a little brow-raisey, as is the term no ADDED msg!)

INGREDIENTS : NO TRANS FAT  NO ADDED MSG  NO PRESERVATIVES (VEGAN) ORGANIC BROWN RICE, FILTERED WATER, ORGANIC BLACK-EYED PEAS, ORGANIC BROCCOLI, ORGANIC MUSHROOMS, ORGANIC TOMATOES, ORGANIC CARROTS, ORGANIC ONIONS, ORGANIC EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL, ORGANIC TAMARI (WHEAT FREE), ORGANIC CILANTRO, ORGANIC GINGER, SEA SALT, ORGANIC GARLIC, SPICES*.100%PURE HERBS AND SPICES. (NO HIDDEN INGREDIENTS).CONTAINS SOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...