May 20, 2010

Necessity is the mother of invention

YJDKIY normally does not eat yogurt other than my daily morning Oikos. However, by participating in Stonyfield's reward program, I got a coupon for 2 free regular yogurts, so this was in my lunch bag today. However, I had already ditched my spoon in the trash after breakfast (dishwashered plastic spoons only last so long until craaaack!), forgetting that I would need it later.

Not to let my yummy pomegranate berry smooth & creamy go to waste, or be outsmarted by my lack of forethought, I began searching my (very) messy office drawers for something that would do as a spoon. I could have just used the foil lid, in fact, I think I've done this. But who knows what grocery store stocking clerk had his grimey little hands on that. I briefly considered fashioning something out of paper, but quickly realize the flaw in that plan (paper + liquidy yogurt = wads of mess in my mouth!).


Behold! I give you the ScotchSpoon made completely from tape. 3M should endorse me to create more objects for them. This little crafty problem solving adventure reminded me of an OM project from back in the day...


and was a fantastic display of this Venn diagram that I have posted on the wall beside my desk. Now, if I could just get rid of that slightly sticky/plasticy taste* in my mouth!



*does anyone know the ingredients for scotch tape? (dare you to click that link!)

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you ate yoghurt with tape...I bet you could have found a spoon somewhere in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...