May 26, 2010

Raw

I think YJDKIY's mother made this tofu "egg" salad once when I was little and I thought it was the most disgusting thing to ever cross my little lips.


I followed the PPK recipe: crumbled the raw tofu, added some chopped up celery. In a separate bowl, mixed 1/3 c. (if YJDKIY actually measured anything, that's what it would be) olive oil mayo, plus some lemon juice, cider vinegar, a lot (more than the recipe calls for) of cumin, turmeric, celery seed, garlic powder, pepper and parsley. Scramble it all up, serve on a mini salad with toasted bread. It was ok, I might make it once or twice a year, and it's a good alternative to nasty egg or smelly tuna salad!

Plus, with my baby basils somewhat grown up, I got a good pick of basil. Enough to invent my new summer drink.


Three fingers lime sparkling water, one finger cranberry juice, and several torn pieces of fresh basil! Such a refreshing and tasty mocktail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...