July 19, 2010

#39

Eat all the junk food you want as long as you cook it yourself. 

Baked goods and doughy sweets don't really do it for YJDKIY (hello, frozen  yogurt, or anything frozen for that matter!?), but occasionally I feel compelled to do some baking.


This arrived in my mailbox the other day with a Chocolate-Zucchini Cake recipe, and low and behold, I just happened to have 5 use it or lose it well traveled (Boonetacular to Emerald Isle to the Ave, that's like 600 miles!) zucchinis in my fridge.  Plus all the other ingredients!


From the time I took that picture, until the next prep photo the skies opened up and the bottom fell out. It was so dark outside, even all the overhead lights weren't enough for iPhone to take decent pics, so you'll just have to get over that now! The key to good iPhone photos is lots of indirect light (and cleaning the fingerprints/beach air slime off the lens).


I made some adaptations to the recipe, of course. 1 c. whole wheat flour, 1 c. white flour, 1/2 c. dark cocoa powder, 1t baking soda, 1t baking powder, pinch of salt sifted together


I halved the amount of called-for sugar and butter. 1 stick instead of 2 softened and 1/2 c. instead of 1 c. sugar. I also refused to get out a mixer and did it by hand. Plus 3 egg beaters, 1T vanilla and 2T cooled dark coffee


Grated zuc (I had way more than the recipe called for), coated in some of the flour/cocoa mix


Rest of flour/cocoa mixed with egg batter, mixed in some dark chocolate chips (maybe 1/2 c?)


All spread into a well Pam'd pan. I also refuse to retype the recipe, as I assume it will be posted here sometime in the future.


Baked for 40-45 mins at 350. This turned out more like brownies/bread than cake. Not sure if that was the extra zuc or lessened butter/sugar. Nomnomnom nonetheless! I totally want to trick some kid into eating vegetables with this. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...