These were acquired from EarthFare. I love their "changing the meat we eat" slogan and they seem to be pretty responsible.
I noticed a new feature on their packaging (LOVE the new design), Promise Tracker. You enter the product code to get info on your product. While that concept was cool, I didn't get much info doing so.
From their website
- Our animals are never given antibiotics. Healthy animals don’t need medicine. Instead, we give them space, fresh air, and a healthy diet, which we’re certain beats the alternative.
- Our livestock eat a completely vegetarian diet with no animal by-products. Cattle are grass-fed, just as nature intended. Hogs and poultry are fed a grain diet that includes corn, soy, barley, and flax.
- Our animals are never given hormones or artificial growth promotants. They grow at their natural rate.
- All of our products are made with natural and organic ingredients. If you aren’t familiar with a particular ingredient, email us and we’ll tell you what it is.
- Our products are all minimally processed, allowing for a wholesome texture and taste.
- Our products never contain artificial nitrates or nitrites. Instead, we use celery juice and sea salt to preserve our products the natural and old fashioned way.
- Our deli meat, hot dogs, burgers, and bacon are gluten and casein free.
- Our products are made from natural and organic whole muscle meat. Yes, even our hot dogs! No mystery here.
Aside from all that...they're tasty too! Definitely my favorite....sauted with kale.
Not my favorite, however, is buying organic kale from the grocery store. Oh I miss the early Spring farmer's market loot. I can't decide which is worse: A) buying conventional that is likely filled with chemicals since kale is on the dirty dozen list or B) CONSTANTLY having bugs on my food...either icky wormy things on the stalk or these little...I don't even know what they are...do you? NOT cool!!
|click to enlarge for more grosser viewing|
The Canine Component sort of sums it up...