February 24, 2010

You get what you pay for!

And in this case, less $ = more calories! (as per usual)


I really wanted to like this, after all, it was much cheaper at Simply Good than Oikos at HT, less packaging, and its a new flavor. But alas...fail. :(

At first taste, it was yummy, but I also noticed it wasn't the normal Greek yogurt texture, too creamy. When I had it for breakfast this morning, mixed in with my regular concoction, that opinion was solidified, AND I could barely finish my serving because it was so sweet. Which lead me to a little label investigation.

A serving of Honey Oikos is 5.3 oz, and the Greek Gods is 8 oz. When you do the math, the GG one comes out a whopping 130 calories MORE, plus 17 g (twice!) more sugars, 10 g MORE of saturated fat, and nearly 12g LESS protein. AND there is the gross chalky aftertaste. Gah. How can they even call this Greek yogurt?

The ♥ love affair ♥ continues, YJDKIY is sorry to have been unfaithful Stonyfield.

What am I going to do with the rest of this 32 oz. container?

3 comments:

  1. Freeze with some fruit and make frozen yogurt pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just mix it with half plain oikos and half that

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/25/earlyshow/health/main6241674.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

    saw this just this morning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...