February 24, 2010

You get what you pay for!

And in this case, less $ = more calories! (as per usual)


I really wanted to like this, after all, it was much cheaper at Simply Good than Oikos at HT, less packaging, and its a new flavor. But alas...fail. :(

At first taste, it was yummy, but I also noticed it wasn't the normal Greek yogurt texture, too creamy. When I had it for breakfast this morning, mixed in with my regular concoction, that opinion was solidified, AND I could barely finish my serving because it was so sweet. Which lead me to a little label investigation.

A serving of Honey Oikos is 5.3 oz, and the Greek Gods is 8 oz. When you do the math, the GG one comes out a whopping 130 calories MORE, plus 17 g (twice!) more sugars, 10 g MORE of saturated fat, and nearly 12g LESS protein. AND there is the gross chalky aftertaste. Gah. How can they even call this Greek yogurt?

The love affair continues, YJDKIY is sorry to have been unfaithful Stonyfield.

What am I going to do with the rest of this 32 oz. container?

3 comments:

  1. Freeze with some fruit and make frozen yogurt pops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just mix it with half plain oikos and half that

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/02/25/earlyshow/health/main6241674.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

    saw this just this morning!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...