May 24, 2010

As I go

 YJDKIY totally made this one up. Loosely based on this, but expanded to include some of my farmers market stash. Actually, I just pretty much combined that whole meal into one.

Sauted red cabbage in olive oil, added sliced Tofurky Kielbasa, continued to cook, and added Swiss chard. Added some white wine vinegar toward the end.  In a side dish, I prepared a light cream sauce to coat the egg noodles and combined everything.


An equation to remember: soymilk + olive oil ≠ milk +  butter when making a cream sauce. But, it worked out ok when I added some white cooking wine, parm, garlic powder, nutmeg, white flour, pepper and boiled for a while. It was definitely lighter and less guilty than regular cream sauces, so that was good. Super quick supper, and a healthier vegetarian comfort meal (even if the kielbasas are a little spicier than I'd like)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...